Letters in Support of Emergency Money to the People
Support for recurring direct cash payments until the crisis ends includes more than 125 economists, 25 mayors, 5,600 small business owners, 50 faith leaders, 50 organizations, over 100 elected officials and 2 million people from coast to coast.
- 21 U.S. Senators and 7 U.S. Representatives call for President Biden to support recurring direct payments and unemployment insurance until the economy recovers
- 127 economists (bipartisan economists letter, earlier letter)
- 5,600 small business owners, and associations representing 160,000 small businesses support recurring checks (earlier letter)
- 50 faith leaders, representing 30 million worshipers (earlier letter)
- 56 nonprofit organizations (earlier letter)
- 115 progressive, labor, and community organizations
- 34 American mayors and 94 state & local elected officials
- Dear Colleague letters from members of Congress including Sens. Sanders, Warren & Wyden, Reps. Omar & Schakowsky, Rep. Tlaib & Sen. Harris
- Rep. Omar and over 150 other House members’ letter to Biden administration.